8201 W Higgins
Friedman Properties is pleased to present a unique opportunity to purchase, lease or build-to-suit on a parcel of land immediately adjacent to the Kennedy Expressway in close proximity to O’Hare International Airport and the O’Hare/ Rosemont submarket.
- Approximately 3 Acre Site
- Entitlements in place for up to 500,000 SF buildable
- Immediately adjacent to I-90 / Kennedy Expressway
- 2.6 miles from O’Hare International Airport
- Over 1,100 feet of total frontage including 558' along the Kennedy Expressway and 550' along Higgins Road
- Clean and lien-free title
- High visibility
Location: 2.6 miles from O’Hare Airport
In 2014, O’Hare was the busiest airport in the world in terms of annual aircraft operations. In 2010, it ranked 3rd busiest in terms of annual passengers and 18th busiest for air cargo. Since the airport was first completed, development has flourished around it: first with the Centex Industrial Park (2,200 acres) to the west in the early-1960s, followed by office development to the east of the airport beginning in the late-1960s.
Easy access to City and Suburbs
Many corporate users choose the O’Hare submarket due to the central location and ease of access to both downtown Chicago and the surrounding communities for employees. Two of Chicagoland’s highest volume roadways—the Jane Adams/Kennedy Expressway (I-90) and the Tri-State Tollway (I-294)—intersect just west of the property, making the City and suburbs comfortably convenient.
Near Rosemont and more
Neighboring Rosemont is a thriving destination for tourism, entertainment, and convention business. Home to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, the Allstate Arena, and the Rosemont Theatre, as well as ample dining, hotel, retail and entertainment options, Rosemont is a great place to eat, shop, play, stay and do business. Nearby Edison Park and Park Ridge provide even more options for shopping and dining.
Potential synergies with adjacent hotel
Common ownership with the adjacent Spring Hill Suites at 8101 West Higgins could create a unique opportunity for businesses seeking to satisfy both accommodations and meeting / event space needs.
Visible to millions weekly
8201 W Higgins offers tremendous visibility and brand exposure opportunity. An estimated 331,614 motorists pass the property every day along the Kennedy Expressway (I-90), Higgins Road and Cumberland Avenue. Additionally, 54,497 CTA riders pass the property daily on the blue line. The site is also highly visible to low-flying air traffic taking off and landing at nearby O’Hare International Airport.
Easy to get to and easily accessible
- 0.4 mi walk to the CTA Cumberland Station (Blue line, CTA bus #81W; Pace buses #240, #241, #290 and #331)
- 0.5 mi to Kennedy Expressway ramps east- and west-bound, entrance and exit
- 2.6 mi to O’Hare (via I-90)
- 14.5 mi to the Chicago CBD
- 2.0 mi to Edison Park Metra (UP-NW line)
- 3.8 mi to the Schiller Park Metra (NCS line)
- 2.3 mi to Donald E Stephens Convention Center
- 10.6 mi to Northbrook
- 13.2 mi to Arlington Heights
- 13.0 mi to Itasca
- 11.2 mi to Elmhurst
- 16.0 mi to Schaumburg
- 15.6 mi to Oakbrook